Episode I – Harsh Shah, Co-founder of Fynd
Fynd is an online retailer of multi-category fashion products. Fynd’s product catalog includes apparel, footwear, innerwear, jewelry, accessories, and more. Fynd was the first startup in India to directly raise a round from Google and exit to Jio!
Harsh Shah is one of the three cofounders of Fynd. At Fynd, he brings his valuable experience in technology and entrepreneurship to the table and oversees operations’ supply side, including managing partnering brands and stores.
Harsh is an alumnus of the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, and an angel investor with a portfolio of 15+ startups.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why was it ‘easier’ for Harsh to convince initial investors to come on board?
- How did Harsh leverage his IIT Bombay alum network to kickstart Shopsense and bring investors on board?
- What was Shopsense, and how did it become Fynd?
- A detailed history of the nonlinear path to raising from Google (it included a recapitalization of the Fynd’s cap table)!
- What role did angels, family offices, venture capital funds, Google, and Reliance Jio play in Fynd’s progress?
- Learnings and advice for founders to manage different investors on their cap table
- Why Harsh became an angel investor? How can founders reach out to him?
- What is Harsh’s advice for other founders and young entrepreneurs?
Harsh’s Book Recommendations: