Episode III – Prerna Kalra, Co-founder of Daalchini
Daalchini is an operator of smart vending machines. They provide ready-to-eat food to offices, apartments, and educational institutions through vending machines. Their app allows users to discover Daalchini kiosks near them and place orders.
Prerna Kalra discovered the technology on a trip to China, where she was surprised to see vending machines providing home-cooked food. She specializes in product development and management, which she gained as one of the initial team members at PayTM – before it became a unicorn!
In this episode, you will learn:
- What takeaways and learnings did Prerna gain from working at Paytm, and how did it prepare her to start her own business? What was it like working with Vijay Shekar Sharma?
- How was Daalchini conceptualized? How did Prerna come up with the brand name? What is Daalchini all about, and how does it work?
- How can home chefs or entrepreneurs link up with Daalchini?
- How can one become a Daalchini franchisee, and how does Daalchini deliver an ROI for their franchisee partner?
- How has COVID-19 impacted operations? What makes Prerna optimistic about the future of Daalchini?
- What is Prerna’s best advice for entrepreneurs?
Prerna’s Book Recommendation:
- The entrepreneurial bible to venture capital by Andrew Romans