Pondering as I look out of my flight window on a wet & cold Sunday morning…
How quickly we’ve recovered from the impact, COVID had on our life & lifestyles. The fear that life will never be the same again fades with each day as we collectively prevail over a virus that does not care about your religion, race, or color of skin.
The virus showcased the best & worst of humanity come out. Thankfully & like always, the former trumped the latter.
However, the one thing COVID disruptions taught me is to love & live each moment. Invest my time into (& with) the people, goals & things that genuinely matter to me, if life were to end in the very next moment.
Therefore as we get back to what we call “normal,” take a moment to reflect:
- Are you doing what you want to do?
- Are you sitting with the people (or person) that you want to sit with?
- Are you maximizing your enjoyment of this moment the max you could?
If your answer to any one of these questions is a no, make a move! You are not a tree! You are a free human being whose sole mission is to maximize the utility of each moment.
You don’t know if this morning, afternoon, evening, or night will be your last.
Would do not want to regret in those last moments that
- you could have indulged in things you wanted to, but you didn’t because you thought you had the time to leave it for later
- you should have kissed the lips of your beloved or lay a little longer with them, but you didn’t because you thought you’d do it later
- You would have a hug to a friend or share a meal with them, but you didn’t because you thought you would have the time for it later
None of us know how today, tomorrow, or forever will pan out. We have barely any control over these things, but we control what we do now, right this moment and abhi. So maximize that control & own your now
We may only have one chance, and just this life.