Arcatron Mobility builds the next generation of innovative physical aid devices to enhance people's lives with limited mobility and elderly care needs. Last year Arcatron launched a premium range of products to COVID-protect its customers. The success of this new line has wholly revolutionized
Arcatron Mobility builds the next generation of innovative physical aid devices to enhance people’s lives with limited mobility and elderly care needs. Last year Arcatron launched a premium range of products to COVID-protect its customers. The success of this new line has wholly revolutionized the trajectory of the company, with its product consistently featuring at the top of eCommerce store product rankings!
Ganesh Sonawane is the cofounder & CEO at Arcatron and is changing the game for those in need through his innovation. Before Arcatron, he was working with Bajaj Auto Ltd as an R&D Assistant Manager. Ganesh completed his Engineer’s Degree from the National Institute of Technology, Calicut.
Key takeaways from the episode:
- How did Ganesh’s education help him in his entrepreneurial journey? Why did he decide to build an innovative wheelchair for his college project? Why did Ganesh refuse the grants to develop the design further during that time?
- What was Ganesh’s role at Bajaj? What were his key takeaways from this experience? Why was losing out on a 1st-year bonus at Bajaj Ganesh’s favorite mistake?
- What does Arcatron mean? How did Ganesh choose his cofounders? Why did Ganesh start Arcatron Mobility?
- What was the experience like providing wheelchairs to military rehabilitation centers? How did Ganesh help Saravana Kumar- a national-level wheelchair table tennis player in his tournament?
- What was COVID19’s impact on Arcatron? What made Ganesh decide to expand his product portfolio outside of assisting the differently-abled?
- How did Arcatron transform itself from a struggling business to one that is doing over $1m in quarterly revenues?
Ganesh’s book recommendations:
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- Influence: Science and Practice by Robert Cialdini
- The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Brad Stone